If you don’t want to be addicted, do not try this one. I discovered this recipe before Christmas…we have made it many times since. It always goes fast!
1. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and make a single layer of saltine crackers (one sleeve of crackers works well on my cookie sheet).
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Melt 2 sticks of butter and add 1 cup brown sugar. Stir until boiling. Continue to boil for 3 minutes.
4. Pour hot sugar butter mixture over saltines and bake for 6-7 minutes.
5. Melt 4 squares of semi-sweet baking chocolate.
6. Remove cookie sheet carefully (liquidly and HOT!). Pour chocolate on top and spread with spatula.
7. Cool and then place in the freezer.
8. Once frozen, break into pieces.
We enjoy it right out of the freezer – less chocolate mess that way too. Unless you are 3 years old.